Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circular Datalinks are not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aitpeter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2009
NL
Can someone help me?

I'm getting the error 'Circular Datalinks are not allowed' and I cannot find using de debug mode (F7) were to find the error.

Is there an function in Delphi to figure out where I have make a mistake?

I will provide some aditional information.

I have created a datamodule with an Devart TIBCConnection and TIBCTransaction. On this datamodule there are some TIBCTable and TIBCDatasource components. I have checked all the TIBCTable components on the datamodule. None of the TIBCTable.Mastersource properties is poiting to its own Datasource.Dataset. As far as I can see there is no circular datalink.

Am I overlooking something?

I have checked [red]all[/red] the TIBCTable components on the datamodule
In Object Inspector? Don't do that. Some are options, as in pick one or the other, but not both. Refer to Delphi Help.

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Can you give me more direction because I have searched in the Delphi help but couldn't find a start for a solution.
I have checked the code and found that I do not assign in the code a table.mastersource to a datasource.dataset with the concerning table as value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back