Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cinphony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXLS

Technical User
Dec 6, 2017
US
Curious,

Does anyone know where to get a copy of Cinphony? I have a NAM, it has a white HASP dongle hanging out of the parallel port. I have never used it before, and it will likely need to have its HDD replaced and the NAM reimaged. Having never used anything more than a Flash on a Norstar, I'm curious to see what this is like, and it will provide valuable hours of time-wasting. This is not for production use, just for me to have a play with.

Thanks!
B.

This is going back more than a few years but I seem to remember that Cinphony had to be run on a seperate NAM than the voicemail as it was too big to be co-resident on the same NAM as the voicemail. There was a small ACD called Minuet that ran on the same NAM as VM, but the two larger ACD programs, Prelude and Cinphony, required their own NAM. Prelude and Cinphony were administered with a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the NAM as well as a parallel dot matrix printer to print ACD reports.
The operating system on NAMs was IBM OS/2, not Windows or Linux. The Prelude or Cinphony NAM required a second NAM for voicemail as they would not run stand-alone.

I used to administer Prelude and Cinphony systems for Home Depot stores many years ago. To juke their call center stats the agents would answer calls and put them on hold instead of leaving them wait in the queue. This resulted in low average time to answer, and low time in queue numbers that kept their bosses happy. Little did the bosses know what was really going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back