Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cinema System

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
AT
good afternoon,

i am sure you can help me. i have some technical questions about a new system for a cinema, which is going to turn form analog system to digital system.

1. there is a need of a central storage who can handle about 10 TB of digital films.

questions: which systems are able to offer this capacity of data? can i use apple xserve-raid for this? how about redundancy? when i am using 15 digital films with a capacity of about 500GB per film so i have a real data usage of about 7,5TB. how about a raid system - do i have to use 2 xserve-raid for redundancy then?

2. one time per day (nightly) the cinema program for the next day is transferred from the central storage to the local storage (xserve with 1,5TB) in each auditorium.

questions: can i use xserve for that issue? how about ethernet connection if there are 1,5TB per auditorium in fact that there are 15 auditoriums per cinema? which switches or network cards do i need for? how long would it take to transfer 1,5TB data from central storage to local storage and with which ethernet? can i use zyxel gs-1116a or qlogic sanbox 3050 switch for this? how are they communicating with the xserve-raid and which ethernet do i need to realise this?

sorry for my bad english but i hope you know what i am looking for. it is important for me to know a bit more of this to take some offers from vendors. i am a security expert so i do not have really good knowlede of hardware issues.

thank you in advanced for any help!!

lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back