Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cim reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianpadden

Technical User
Mar 16, 2003
GB
each day i have to go into cim 7 and look at the reds, oranges and yellows. I then have to produce a report with what the problems are. This is done manually and i want to know if i can run a query in the database that will produce the same result. This will save me lots of time

Regards

Damian
damianpadden@hotmail.com

Something along these lines is what we use... if you have a DBA handy so much the better! This is the SQL statement we use for our ASP.Net page, but it should be similiar for a straight SQL query.
===
"UPDATE [R_Inventory] SET [DeviceKey]=@DeviceKey,[DeviceName]=@DeviceName,[IPAddress]=@IPAddress,[DeviceStatus]=@DeviceStatus,[ProductType]=@ProductType,[ProductName]=@ProductName,[SerialNumber]=@SerialNumber,[AssetTag]=@AssetTag,[MemorySize]=@MemorySize,[ROMVersion]=@ROMVersion,[OS]=@OS,[Location]=@Location,[DeviceOwner]=@DeviceOwner,[IPLongValue]=@IPLongValue WHERE [DeviceKey]=@DeviceKey" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [R_Inventory]" ConnectionString="server='serverx'; user id='xx'; password='xxxx'; Database='INSIGHT_DB_V32'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back