Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIM Install - Compaq Insight Manager Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

gparrish

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
US
How in the hell do you install the CIM agents now, They have all these versions it is ridiculous.

Back in the day you would install the CIM Agents after downloading the CIM agents as a group in like v4.30.

Now the agents appear to be in the PSP/NSSD (Server Support Pack) and at the same time there are the 4 main agents you can download individually and install.

Do I need to install the old CIM Agents and then the new PSP or what? I cant tell! If I just install the PSP will I get all the CIM agents installed and working? Who knows?

Please let me know the right way to do this now so I can get the agents on the server. I would like to use the v7.00 agents but not sure how to get them started.

Thnaks,
Greg

Did more checking around other places and found out all you need to do is install the latest PSP and it has all the Netware CIM agent functionality.

Greg

download the files and copy to somewhere say sys:nssd

then run sys:\nssd\cpqdploy
press f10

and although it doesnt say reboot - i prefer too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back