Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIM 5.3 client (not web) Password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subi75

Technical User
Jul 22, 2007
AU
I have inherited a company Compaq server to support which has the old CIM 5.3 (NOT HP SIM) installed, which has password that is prompted for on application startup.

As no one knows what this password is, I can't log into CIM to use it. Does anyone know which file this password is kept in (its the old client version, not the web version). Removal, renaming, etc of cpqhmmd.cfg & cpqhmmd.acl doesnt fix it, and I am not able to locate a copy of cpqhmmd.dll on the machine at all, so this password must be stored elsewhere.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I know it doesn't solve the password problem directly, but can't you remove CIM 5.3, and install CIM 5.5 (the latest version before it moved to the Web Version).

Search HP for SP19778 - this is version 5.5.

The version control no longer works, because its so far out of date - but this version of CIM really is the dogs b*******! Takes up no room, no processing power, and is brilliant for a quick check of the status of your Compaq/HP Servers!

I've had a quick look to try and work out the password problem - which file its stored in - but I can find it!

Good luck!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back