Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIL on HDU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radoje

Technical User
Feb 10, 2003
RS
Does anyone have experience with CIL on HDU? In early BC11 days it was recommended to have separate HDU for CIL, because exchange files could become corrupted...
I want to use one HDU for both CIL and REL, what do you think about it?

Hi,
For me is better solution CIL over ethernet specially if you have lots of calls.

Tomica, do you have bad experience with CIL on HDU?
I want to make CIL V.24 directly to PC, and as a backup CIL on HDU.
CIL over ethernet is not my choice because I do not have any billing software which can work over ethernet.

Hi Radoje,

Your solution will work fine. Make sure to use a separate subfile system on your HDU for the CIL data otherwise your CIL data may fill your regular subfile system. According to ALEX each call record will occupy 112 bytes with standard output format so a separate 64 Mbyte subfile system will be able to store plenty of records.

//FICRI

OK FICRI,
I will do it. I Hope it works good.
I do not think that there will be extremely high traffic, exchange will have 1 LIM /350 extensions.
Tomica, what do you think?

I think, it will work properly. Senior brother of MD110 -AXE-10 system uses something like this for many years.

I also think it will work properly, I have totally different situation (few nodes and good eth. connections) and for me its better to use CIL over ethernet.
B.R.
Tomica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back