Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS ver 7.3 S/W Intermittent Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjbart

Vendor
Sep 10, 2012
US
Hi all:

I have a client with a CICS DR1.0 Expanded, S/W version 7.3 Rel 02C that is having a problem as of the last month or so.

The unit will sometimes drop trunk calls.

While a user is on a phone call on an outside line, it will place their trunk on hold and give them the next available trunk.

They will sometimes place a call on hold at one station and will be unable to pick up that call at any other station other than 221 (the operator station), all the while the call indicator will be solid across the system rather than winking.

I reseated everything, re-punched everything, checked alarm logs, ran diagnostics. All good. About a week after the service call, same thing. This has been in place for about 10 years or so.

Should I be suspect of the Carrier/Power Supply, or the processor? Any suggestions.

Of course, when I am there, I cannot duplicate the problems. The users are regulars here...not day workers, so I have no reason to doubt them.

Thanks!

Bob

Have to look around. What is the latest and greatest software for this? I know this is from 1997...
This customer had this plugged directly into the wall, no protection. I know for a fact we've had lightning/surges/outages recently as well.
With that said, software or backplane, processor suspect?

exsmogger(brian)--thank you for your prompt repsonses.
I'll proceed and advise!

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back