Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgproulx

Technical User
Mar 27, 2016
CA
I have a CICS software NT7B64LA (4x8)restricted what software should I use to upgrade to expand to 8x16

You will need to swap out the software for non-restricted software and add a services card slim card.
You may need to re-program the system depending on what software you purchase.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I am just working from memory, but I think you only need the slim services card if you expand to 8 x 24. Could be wrong, but those slim cards are expensive and if you do not need one, it is expensive shelf stock.

To go 8 x 16, you would need a 2nd trunk card (to go from 4 to 8 incoming lines, get a CI card if you want caller ID), and then as curlycord said, new non-restricted software card. As for the level of that card, 7.1 is well tested and stable. Unless you plan to buy some upgrade software tools, you will probably end up reprogramming as curlycord indicated, but with a 4x8, you really do not have much programming time in that chassis anyway.

Yes your right I thinking 8X24 instead of 8X16.

Just software needed in this case as said.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I wrote a FAQ here:
It will assist when buying software.
You need S, SP, or SIP

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If I replace the NT7B64LA which I think is a 4.1 restricted with a NT7B64BB which is a 4.1 standard is it just a matter of powering down and switching cards which would give me the extra 8 stations and I am aware I would have to add another trunk card for the extra 4 trunks.

What do you mean by "all these" ?

The price of a software card varies greatly but lets say $300.00 for 7.1 SIP

For a tech to come an upgrade would be a 1 hour service call say $100.00

So an upgrade to the latest would cost $400.00

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I just ordered a NT7B65AABC standard 4.2 software for $99.00 US.(128.00 Canadian)The owner just wanted the expanded for the 8 extra stations he was happy with the features on the existing restricted 4.1 software.

I just finished my upgrade today everything went O.K. Thanks for all your input

Good stuff, thanks for the update.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back