Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS trunk to trunk transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtele

Vendor
Dec 17, 2003
US
Is this possible? Customer states that he used to be able to be on a call, press "link", that gives him another dial tone on the same line. He can dial another number and press "link" when connected. At this point it is a 3 way call. Here on is flaky.
He says that he used to be able to hang up and still have the parties connected... ???

Is this a feature of the phone system or is it a feature he needs to get from SBC?

YOU CAN ONLY DO THAT ON AN INCOMING CALL

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Also the telco has to allow the link.

Probably only available on Centrex business lines.

Although I wish the Norstar could use 3-way calling to initiate a transfer using Link.

No not now depending on what the CO is running they can put it on regular lines as well.

Yes with centrex.

I have a site that answers all calls with a receptionist & they perform the LINK, autodial their other site, get AA, dial the ext, then LINK . That removes the Receptionist from the call.The caller is then connected to the other extension or to that persons VM.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

I have ordered this service in the BellSouth region on Business line service (1FB)and the feature is called "Call Transfer". You order it on all of the lines and pay for it per line. First you either make or receive a call. Press the LINK to get reorder dial tone and dial the 2nd number, LINK again connects everyone together in a 3 Way call. Hit Release and you are removed from the call and the other two parties are connected through the CO and your line is available to make or receive another call. It's just like SPHONEMAN described with the Centrex except on Business lines. I have also ordered this through at least 2 CLECS (XO and Cbeyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back