Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS SIP 6.1 Warning! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbergeron

Technical User
Jun 11, 2004
CA
In case you don't already know, CICS 6.1 software has a huge bug! Intermittently, phones will lock up or go dead, if you press the keys, sometimes the phone will start working or unplugging the phone and plugging it back in will restart the phone.

There is a repair available, call your Norstar Dealer and arrange for an advance replacement of your PCMCIA software card.

Found this one the hard way, 3 sites out of town, 3 hour drive to reset the KSU!

Lance

just to add to elbergeron ...

it is the MICS/CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10

it is a free replacement from Nortel for sometime (you need to have gotten it thru a nortel dealer) just pay shipping and handling.

Senkls,
that would be the SP:CTF10 software??????

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Can anything be done if the Software wasn't purchased by an authorized dealer?

I also heard that if you are not using the Call Park Feature then set it to NONE in programming. Because for what ever reason it's the Call Park Prefix that causes most of the problems.

If i remember correctly, the bug is when a "1" is pressed on an intercom path. While the system runs the routine to determine if any DN/routes/park prefixes/etc begin with 1 (which would return "Invalid number" if not), it runs into an infinite loop.

if x64 is right I wonder if changing the park prefix from 1 to something else will get around the bug

Is this for both MICS and CICS 6.1 Software?
And if so, has Nortel made anything public about this bug?
Gabriel

MICS and CICS / Nortel sent ITAS bullitin in August........Suppliers, even Nortel authorized stocking houses continue to send out bad revision. Nortel is replacing thru normal advanced procedures.

Any way to get a copy of that bulletin, i have a dealer that say's it's not true and won't replace the software.
Gabriel

i had posted hte contents of the bulletin ealier to someone elses question ...could u serach the forum

here you go ...this is part of what i have access to now

SRN 026: Aug 2004
Norstar MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10 and CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10 were released to the installed base in August 2004 as a maintenance release. SRN 02x replaces SRN 024 (MICS/CICS 6.1 MR wi6.05). This new release incorporates several fixes to the core software. A replacement process is in place and described below.

Issues resolved in MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10
A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialling of a number starting with the Park Prefix. A scenario where T1 E&M channels were locking up. A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs ‘join’, ‘leave’ and then ‘exit’ functions but remains connected to the call. Callers transferring through CAA (Centralized Auto Attendant) on NVM to the remote site get ‘dead air’ or an incorrect mailbox. PRI calls tandeming through the KSU via the ‘Auto’ DN’ or ‘DISA’ DN do not get completed when the caller paused during the dialling of the outgoing call.

Issues resolved in CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10
A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialling of a number starting with the Park Prefix. A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs ‘join’, ‘leave’ and then ‘exit’ functions but remains connected to the call. Callers transferring through CAA (Centralized Auto Attendant) on NVM to the remote site get ‘dead air’ or an incorrect mailbox.

If your Dealer is worth his salt he should know the ITAS bullitin: ITAS SRN-026 NA / August 2004 ... Good engineering code : USA-MICS XC 6.1 MR wi6.10 :NT7B66DR
NA-MICS 6.1 MR wi6.10 :NT7B66DT
CDA(Canadian) : NT7B66DQ
CICS NT7B66DU , DV, DW, DX

Thanks guy's, i will try to get this resolved with the info you provided.
Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back