Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS - SIP 6.1 MR FC Message Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpater

Programmer
Oct 24, 2000
US
I have the following software: 30CTG05 NAT according to the maintenance option. Also the card shows CICS - SIP 6.1 MR FC in the label. This is a standard 6.1 w/AA+IRAD (I think so). The problem is that when I try to record my custom message in position A,B or C I get "Try again later" message. Should I used an specific DN to record this messages? What is wrong here?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Restricted software, need keycodes or new software. I have the same s/w sitting in my junk pile.....

According to the Vendor this is not a restrict software.

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

CT=CICS 6.1 STD IRAD-ON+AA PROG PROMPTS (SIP)

So that means that the software is the right one. What is wrong then?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

I have never ever seen that prompt when building a CICS AA. You must be doing something wrong.

Yes you have the right s/w but the book goes in detail on how to program it. Its on page 83-104 in the CICS 6.1 Sys Coord.

Nam555

Yes. AA and CCR are off. I'm following the instruction from the book but as soon as I press the rec button, I get "wait a moment" in the display and after that "try again later" and kick me out of the system. That happened with 2 different software cards. Should I use a specific station to record the greetings or the software card has like a write protector (like the old floppy disk) that I need to move? Where are the custom greetings stored? in the unit or in the software card?

Francisko Paternoster
Patercorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back