Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cics screens work in 1 region,but not another - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janroberts

Programmer
Aug 28, 2012
US
I have an issue with CICS that I have never experienced in my 33 years of programming: I created 6 new tran-ids, maps, and source programs. All function correctly in the test region, and the production back-up region, but do NOT function correctly in the Main production region. (they only work for 1 user). The other users that have RACF are not working. We have ran CEDF, but that is limited to determining where the issue is.
The sub-menu functions correctly and allows the users to input the data required on the 1st screen, but when they press pf8 to xctl to the next screen and program, the screen stays on the 1st map, but it appears that the source program for the 2nd screen is running.
Any Advise?

Nothing of interest in the CICS job, in the log?

Check (perhaps with your cics systems programmers) to make sure the mod (mod2, mod3, mod5, etc) is consistent with the map that you are using.

Have you checked to see if the program you are XCTLing to is not looping or getting any locking issues?
This could explain why one user is okay & another is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back