Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Screen/Map Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

RChambliss

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I have a program that after a SEND MAP command gets a PROG753 error message. I am tring to find where this and other messages a described. I don't know if this is 3270, CICS or VTAM. Any help or ideas?

Thanks.

It´s been a long while since I had this error.
Just trying to remember it...make sure your map doesn't exceed the total size of the screen and that you used the correct maclib and no invalid characters in it.

If I remember why I had it I will let you know.
best wishes

FabioUSA

I think this maybe because you are displaying a non-printable character (low or high values maybe) often when this happens part of the screen is displayed with the screen locking at the point of the non-printable error.

This might well be due to moving a comp or comp-3 field to a screen variable and trying to send it. The problem is that, especially with everyone using an "emulated" 3270 terminal, it seems that the "emulated" terminal generates some strange PROG### numbers, so that it is difficult to match those PROG###'s to a specific problem.
If your screen is doing strange things ( and sometimes things that you thought impossible for a screen to do, then suspect the above problem. I think that the underlying problem is that the comp or comp-3 are interpreted as field attribute bytes and that can really result in some problems.

you have garbagge in your attribute fields, if you first init your map with low values and than fill it with the data you want to send it should go oke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back