Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Outside Call Forwarding Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishDeval

Vendor
Jan 27, 2005
US
Hello, I have a customer that would like to be able to forward her ext to her cellphone when she leaves the office. I have never set that up so can someone tell me what the programming process is for this? Thank you.

What system and sw are you running?

You'll need at least 4.1 sw to do this. Under Terminals&Sets/Capabilities, make sure allow redirect is set to Y. Then have her press feature 4, 9 (line access code), cell #, ok.

As Rik wrote you'll need at least R4.1 and redirect must be allowed for the extension. Also make sure all your lines have supervision set to Y. You then need to set up a destination code (9 for example) that uses a route (001 for example). Then program route 001 to use pool A, assuming your lines are pooled. Then you can external forward by dialing F4, 9, cell number.

Brian Cox
(updated 3-2-09)
(updated 3-2-09)

Thanks, not sure of the release at this point but I can upgrade it if needed. They do not have a line pool they have just 4 lines, so I would direct it say to line 4 (004) is that correct?

There is an issue with her forwarding her calls to her cell phone in your situation...

When she call forwards her desk phone to her cell phone, she will be using up 2 of the 4 trunks that the system is using.
1 for the incoming call to the desk phone and 1 for the outgoing call to her cell phone. This may be a problem if there are more people in the office trying to call out if there are more than 2 calls at a given time when she is on her cell.

Just food for thought

It's best to pool the lines. If someone happens to be on line 4 then the call can't forward. Pooling does not affect line assignments to extensions. Also a good point about only having 4 lines as 2 will be tied up anytime a call gets forwarded.

Brian Cox
(updated 3-13-09)
(updated 3-13-09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back