Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS no free lines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhiyanxx

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
I just installed a CICS that's been sitting around in a clients office, and everything was going fine until i realized that i hadn't turned on supervision for the Loop lines. After i started turning on Super for all the lines i was unable to get a free line on any phone. i keep getting a message "no free lines" and a fast busy. i changed nothing else, and tried putting the lines back to unsupervised but that isn't working. Also, now only one of the incoming lines rings in. There's not even a click from the system when any of the other lines come in. i resat the DS cards, rebooted the system a few times but nothing is bringing back these lines. Did the CICS take a dump on me?

thanks

Matt

verify the lines are still assigned to the pool if you are using pool grps. Like Ex said u have to wait a bit for the lines to come back online when rebooting.

The lines should have come back once you set the DS! Try another line card...

i think it may be the line card. i can get lines 25 and 26 to work but not 1-4. is there a way to reset the system back to factory settings?

Yes, but that will probably not fix your problem. Do you have two cards? If so, swap cards and see if this fixes 1-4. Otherwise, check to see if the card is disabled in Maintenance. Can't see how that would have happened, but...

i did swap them, and i'm still having the same problem. I have to check and see if its disabled but i'm almost positive its not because i went through every setting i can think of and its still not working.

throw some water on it it well fix it for good. lol i would say look in maint disable the card and reenable it see what that does but dont throw water on it. then duble check the line pools make sure it ant on pri-a seen that one done befor. and u say the other line card is working? if so well it not work in the other slot? i would also put tone gen. on line 1 and direct select the line see if u here the tone comin through

Go back into hardware and make sure that you still have them defined as loop, if it still is then change the assignment to something else and then change it back and see if you can force the firmware to reload on the loop card.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I think avaya303 might have it press in on your amp connectors. see if one eased out a bit.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

disabling and enabling did it... for some reason it hung when i changed the lines to supervised. almost happened again after but everything works great now. thanks everyone

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back