Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS NEWCOPY need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sctxms

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
WE are running CICS on windows 2000 server. The problem is ever time I apply a change delivered from Mincom to source code I have to recycle the CICS region. how can I do a newcopy to force cics to pick up the changes made once I compile the source code? when using CEMT PROG(MSO010)
and onceI am to the screen I type NEW It says it was successful but the changes are not picked up when I check the application. I have tried trhis command CICS CEMT S PROG(MSO010) PHASEIN but found out it is not an option in this CICS session

I believe this is an issue witrh the Net Express runitme rather than CICS.
Playing with other cobol complers like visual cobol, showed that it worked fine.

I also tried modifying the COBSW but found that some of this switches dont work in windows environments.

No the changes are picked up once I recycle CICS regions but this is not an option I will have in production. I am looking for a way to perform a NEWCOPY in the server environment like they do on the mainframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back