Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS / Flash VM upgrade questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbdudley

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a branch office with a Compact ICS 4.x system using analog CO lines. It also has a 2-channel Flash voicemail unit. A couple of questions about upgrades:

1) Can the CICS be upgraded with a plug-in interface card to work with a T1 PRI/DID central office connection? Or will it have to be replaced with a MICS unit?

2) If the unit is replaced with a MICS, can the Flash voicemail unit be connected to the MICS? Or will it have to be replaced with a NAM?

Thanks for the input.

Carter

You can't use PRI or DID on the CICS.You will need to upgrade to MICS to use PRI,you can use the flash VM but keep in mind that you can only have 24 mailboxes with 2 ports and 48 mailboxes with 4 ports.If you will use a Mics 6.0 you will need flash 2.0 s/w ,so thats your options.Check your version in your VM. Good Luck!

If you are upgrading your system you should look at call pilot It is very nice. the web browser managment is second to none.
I just installed my 1st and having worked with tons or startalks I think call pilot is 1000 times the unit flash is.

I DON"T know all the paramaters but... the new cics software appears to support a pri? at least the lines are numbered 1-32 and 32-?
This tells me something may be, or is in the works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back