Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS external call forwarding?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
Have CICS 4.1, customer needs external call forwarding setup, having problems making it happen. Have turned on redirect for set. Problem I believe is the routing service, not doing it right. Looking for some help.

Line redirect is set...right? Also disconnect supervision?

Consulting -
"If You're Not A Part Of The Solution, There's Good Money To Be Made In Prolonging The Problem."

I want to call forward certain sets,externally, not lines. I'm sure that I am not programming my routes and dest codes properly. They have me a little confused as to what to enter in them when prompted.
Does this make it more clear as to what my problem is.
Thanks
RA-Teleman

You must make sure your Routing service is set up right. This is all done in system programming (Feature **266344).

1. You have to make sure you set a destination code. If possible, make it a single digit. The smaller the code, the easier for the customer.

2. Pick your route number. Try 001. Make sure it's using the right line number, or line pool to dial out.

3. When your customer wants to forward calls to his cell, home, etc. He does Feature 4, then the destination code, then the number.

As redhawkfla stated, make sure that extension's capability to redirect calls is set to yes, and the lines are set to be Disconnect Supervised. That should work for you.

The trickiest part is finding which number you can use for a dest. code. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back