Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cics eratic operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

milow

Technical User
Sep 1, 2003
CA
Have changed software currently at 4.0 with flash 2 port, changed out cabinet,trunk card (C1),All amphenol cables,bix strips, set runs, all telephones have also been replaced (8) and the only thing left is move the system somewhere else, can't proof its the Telco which controls the lines. Have used choke coils to isolate any inductance and still after resetting the cics, 2 days will pass and the system will hold calls (VM does not answer during business hours), ghost calling no one there and reset on certain load conditions. Check power and it is functioning normaly. Any other ideas as we have changed everything twice. I have never seen a Nortel product ever do this after 15 years in the business.

Thanks
Milow

Milow,
Have you checked;

- system hold (set to off);
- Subscriber loop voltage; and
- subscriber loop current off hook.

?? thoughts

PhM

Milow,you said that you checked power, but did you check to see if you really have a good ground? I have seen some real strange problems when the ground was floating. Measure between the neutral and ground legs to insure that it is 0 volts.
It sure sounds power related to me.

MarvO said it

I think Marvo has the answer. I had the exact same problem when system was installed at an old house. The outlet had three prongs but it was only feed by two wires. Had electrician wire outlet correctly with ground wire problem stoped.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back