Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS client crashed for Internal transport error (FaarqGetMsg, -1046)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldvjava

Vendor
Nov 6, 2005
CN
Can anybody help me. CICS Client crash every day!
CICSCLI.LOG show below:
11/06/05 18:39:15.275 [2006] CCL:CCL2010 Internal transport error (FaarqGetMsg, -1046)
11/06/05 18:39:15.277 [1149] POP:CCL2009E An unexpected error has occurred
11/06/05 18:39:15.279 [1149] POP:CCL2004E The client cannot continue

version:
CICS Client for Solaris Version 3.1 Service Level 01

Well, without knowing more particulars like (client version - CICS Client, Platform, etc..) and your target CICS System it is difficult.

I would suggest the following initially (again without knowing much much more details.)

Goto the following IBM URL

Yes - its the mainframe (zseries page..)

In the search area type FaarqGetMsg and hit search

There are some "hits" out on some scenarios etc.. but I did not see EXACTLY your 1046 code.

Research those hits.. read them and see if any "variation" of then could be applied to your processing?. (They look old anyway)

Other than that - FULL TRACING would be required and (TRN)hopefully you have IBM support to open up a problem with.

Many many potential "points of failure" could be involved here.. the definition of 1046 should point out what is happening.

Sorry, I cannot be of any much more help

zSoftware

In addition to the above.. the only other thing I could add is look at your CICS Client CD

On the CICS Client CD should be all the IBM documentation (Manuals), including the Error/Return Codes. In there should be the 1046 return/error code and hopefully it contains a good description/explanation.

Also - any "trends" with your outage(s)?.

What I mean by this is :

1 - Is it "crashing" at the same time everyday?
2 - Any new Application recently introduced into the picture?
3 - Any OS (Operating System) maintenance recently introduced into the picture.

zSoftware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back