Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS CCR TREE problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo5150

Vendor
Apr 22, 2003
US
Ok, relatively new with Norstar.
Cosmetics store has ccr answering all calls. Salon pres 1 and store press 4.
I have the salon exts in ccr group 1 and store phones on ccr group 4.
Calls come in fine and route to the right exts/group, BUT, if 1 person is on 1 of the 3 exts in a group...the second transfered call goes straight to ext 221.
ALSO, if I am in the ccr menu and hit 0, it goes to 221
I triple checked the ccr tree settings. ALL button presses go nowhere (as well as 0) except 1 and 4. I checked trunk programming as far as prime set (221) andtried to change it to see if that affected the routing, but no.

Is the ASA answering the calls or is it CCR? ASA is off and CCR is on (is that correct?)
Matt

MFurrer@charter.net

Here's a suggestion on solving your problem. Make all the lines on all of the phones Appear only. You will see why later. Keep your CCR groups as they are. Set the AA answer to 1 ring (not system answer leave that higher). There is no setting for zero rings, yes that is normal. That is the reason for the appear only on the lines. They won/t hear the first initial ring, but the AA will grab the call. Once the caller hears the message, and they make a selection all the phones in that group on that particular line will ring. Even multiple calls. Right now I am figuring you do not have line appearences on the phones, if that the case chances are you don't have enough intercoms to handle the volume of multiple calls. If there are no line appearences calls come in on intercom buttons.

As for the attendant problem. In the AA programming under system programming their should be an attendant extension. Most likely it is currently 221. Thats why the 0 out is going there. When you have an auto attendant it puts the caller into a net, it dosen/t want to lose the call. Thats why on zero outs and no option pressed it will go there.

Suggestions for working with the zero out option. You could assign the zero option to one particular extension, Make the attendant the receptionist extension, or build a group with all of the phones and assign it to zero.

Just one important thing. When the calls ring they will ring on the lines with the internal call ring and the display will read that the call is transfered. That is normal in this kind of setup. The call has technically been answered by auto attendant initially so when they press an option it comes over as a internal call.

Hope that helps. Repost let me know if you have problems. That will work I do that setup quite frequently.

Kevin

ok. There is no voice mail auto attendant. All sets have line appearance only, ALL LINES. Should I have more intercom buttons? when ccr passes the call off it rings the exts it looks as though it is coming on the line button, not intercom.????

MFurrer@charter.net

Mongo,

What Kevin has suggested means that you may have to reprogram your unit. I believe what he has suggested may work (thats y I gave him the star) but I also believe if you try to implament what he has suggested in your current configuration, you may be pulling your hair out by the end of it, I only say that because I know what its like being new to these systems. They seem difficult when you first get into them but after working with them for a while, they become your favorite system. (Atleast thats it is for me!)

My thing is, I cahnged the AA ext from 221 to 230 to see if that would move the dial 0 action. It did not. Is it possible even though I have the AA system answer of the system answering the calls instead of CCR answer?

Should I turn off CCR and turn on Auto answer?

MFurrer@charter.net

Ok. I see you have the line appearences to appear only. Thats the way it should be. I just have one question when you got done programming the auto attendant under system programming and turned it on. Did you then press feature*832? You have to do that to get the AA to work properly. If you press that feature it will ask you for password which is the config password then change to BUS OPEN. That is short for business open. You can also try to change the the prime set on the lines to either none or an extension you want to be a zero out.

I'll send you an e-mail with my number if you need more assitstance.

Maybe that is where I goofed. On the AA it is off. But CCR is on.
But, would that explain why when there are exts in ccr groups and one of them is on the phone, none of the other exts will ring..it only rings back to 221.

MFurrer@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back