Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 7.0 vs 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchdoctor99

Technical User
May 12, 2016
CA
Well it's finally happened. I need more than 8 extensions on my CICS that's installed in my house. I currently have the 7.0 res software and was wondering if there is much difference between 7.0 and 7.1. There are a couple of phone system suppliers near me, but they only have ver 6.1 and 7.0 for the non restricted version available.

John

The only difference is DST Daylight Savings where it will adjust the clock accordingly.
Don't forget you also need the expansion card (NTBB04GC CICS 8 Port TCM Expansion Card) installed.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If the daylight savings auto adjust is the only difference, I might as well go for the 7.0. I'm only going to add four extensions and a callpilot 150, so I shouldn't need the 8 Port TCM Expansion Card unless I decide to max it out with 24 extensions. Hopefully I'll have better luck with this callpilot, as my first one was DOA.

John

Sorry, I thought you lived in Buckingham Palace for some strange reason.
[clown]

Callpilot
-Did you connect the TCM ports to the KSU? required for it to boot up.
-Did you try another power supply? they go flaky yet still provide LED lighting (some power)
-Did you make sure the card is in the rear slot and not the forward slot?
-Did you try another software card?

Connecting a laptop with serial cable (Straight Thru) and watching the boot up using putty will tell a story sometimes.

Try using the new one (and it's parts) coming for testing the DOA unit so you know what to toss.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I wish I lived there at times.

As for the callpilot, I pestered one of my business contacts and paid him a visit (he installs E-MetroTel systems now) and had him check it out. He tried it on his workbench setup, swapped everything he could and still couldn't get it to show any signs of life. I guess that explains why it was given to me.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back