Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS 0x8 expansion not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtcompute

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2007
US
I just got this expansion. I powered down and installed but when powered up system locks up. Is there more to just pluging the module in?

Thanks for you help!

just checking ...do you have standard or restricted software

Yeah, funny, unless you're the guy sent out to upgrade the KSU. Been there.

If you're running older software, (Which rev did they discontinue restricted? 6.1?) On the software card, you'll see "CICS X.X RP", or "CICS X.X SP". (occasionally they'd spell out standard or restricted.) RP=restricted

If you are running restricted, you'll have to upgrade to standard software, which allows for up to 24 exts, with the expansion card.

Try to get the same revision of sw if you want a smooth transition. Odds are, if you're running older software, your cabinet is rel 1. You'd have to replace the cabinet to upgrade to 7.0/7.1

Thanks for your input, even mr. funny. This is what I know so far. the software card has NT7B64AC S/W WI 10.1 Rel 02a. The CICS has Rel 01N DR 1.0 NT7B58AA-93. The unit now supports 5 lines and 16 ext. so I assume it is 8x16 but I need to get to 24 - a couple ext for vmail.

You say the system locked up in first post.

Power down, insert card....go for a coffee, come back and test.

When booting up system it may flash lots then stop then flash again then time and date.

Its like a PC, when adding parts it needs to recognize and adjust.

Thank for everones help, I leaned something from each post.

The original board was bad, got a replacement and system boots up fine. Will add extra extensions soon, hopefully I want need to post and issue on that.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back