Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chrystal report interface with Peach Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMOM

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
US
Is anyone familiar with Peachtree Accounting, and how it interfaces with Crystal Reports. I need to be able to design a report that will allow me to branch off Peachtree tracking sales reps, and their commission earned on open and closed orders.

I don't know of an "interface" from PT to CR, but CR can read PT data files, which are Btrieve. Not sure what you mean by 'branching off' but you can use CR to read the PT tables.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- TEK2(AT)kenhamady.com

P-Tree sells/provides a version of Crystal for Peachtree. I suggest you install that, P-tree has modified Crystal (new dlls?) so it works with their database. Crystal finds field names through .DDF files. Also, the P-tree documentation has a list of table names and field names with some descriptions. This documentattion can also be found on the P-Tree web site.

Good luck.

My experience is that CR for PT is just CR with a different label on the box. I bought a copy of CR for PT on Ebay once only to find out that all of the special documentation and the PT DLLs came with PeacthTree. The CR was not modified in any way. Possible that this is different with the very latest versions.

I think if you have a copy of CR and a copy of PeachTree installed, you should have everything you need. If someone knows differently I would like to get some details.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- TEK2(AT)kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back