Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chroot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Any Ideas how to chroot my users... The easey way? ...I've looked into it a bit but cannot find an easy to understand solution. Any links or input would be very greatfully apreciated!

My system runs Debian Linux (Woody)

Thx Rory.

Yes...
Or it could be SSH ... Would it make a diference after I impliment it?

Mostly FTP though... I have ppl. that should be just logging in via FTP to edit their web docs.

THX

--Rory--

Doesn't matter ... Just found the /etc/ftpchroot file... Makes my life so much easier. Thx though!

--Rory--

There are a number of ways.

netstat -natp | grep 21

You can FTP into the server and check the banner, if one exists.

ftp localhost

If the FTP server starts with your system, you can check for init scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d or if its starts with xinetd, check /etc/xinet.d/ for an ftp file.

If it was installed from an RPM, check to see which FTP packages you have installed.

rpm -qa | grep -i ftp

ChrisP

You said you got it working, right? I posted that last post at the same time you said you got it working.

hi folks,

How to check capacity of the hard disk in the linux. i tried it in /proc.

tsd8 - start a new thread, you'll get more help that way.

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

Code:
df -h
I say that to myself as &quot;disk free -human-readable&quot;. Just something that helped me remember it way back when...

----
JBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back