Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chromeless popup window 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhowes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
ZA
Hi

I have been trying unsuccessfully to create a chromeless popup. MSDN says it's possible from an hta (browser trusted application) however I was on and they managed to generate a chromeless popup.

Anyone know how to do this?

Also, does anyone know how to prevent users from closing the browser. Microsoft manages to do this if you use 'Windows Update' in your browser to update your system - you cannot close the browser once you have started an update.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Richard

"chromeless"...

explain?

i went to coffeecup.com...didn't see anything out of the ordinary...

or is this a cheap plug for the site?

as for the closing browser window...onunload= or onbeforeunload= ...

or do you mean disabling the X in the top right?

- spewn

Hi

No, this is not a plug for coffeecup ;-)

If you go to Coffeecup and try and download an app the popup appears. By chromeless I mean it has no titlebar, no window border, no minimise/maximise/close buttons (i.e. it looks like an image not a window.

If you still don't see it I'd be happy to email you a screenshot privately. I would really like to be able to achieve this effect!

Cheers
Richard

i see it...that is nice...

don't know, but it sho' is nice.

- spewn

I didn't see any popups but you could try doing it with layers. At least that's cross-browser compatable.

that chromless window is pretty cool. thanks JamesUniguy!

Very nice [tt]

"The reward of one duty done is the power to fulfill another"[/tt]
--------------------------------------------
[afro][love][medal][noevil][pc3]

There is out there anyone who know if exsist a software for full customize and create chromless windows??

Sorry for my bad english ... reply to caesar@bicnet.it

Hi,

Why use a piece of software which normally costs you money and produces normally excess code when you can do it via hand creating a neater and more customize code? (Apart from its probereley easier)

On that note, I don't know of any software which will do it for you for free. I believe there is one but they charge a fortune.

James

with me the resizeTo does not seem to work: the windows always cover the whole screen (also in the examples on the two sites mentionned above).
Any idea why this is?

Greetz,

Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back