Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chrome look ... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
... I really don't know how to do this. Bascily, I can imagine my design in my head, but trying to get it into PSP is proving a little more difficult [lol]

Basicly, I want to do some chrome lettering, but how doI go about this? Can anybody recommend a tutorial? I certaily don't want to copy anybody's designs, but if you have a look at and go into the enhanced site, you'll have a bit of an idea of what I'm after. I know that it's done in flash, but I'm sure it's possible to do this in an ordinary image too?

thanks ne4x4, don't suppose you have a link though? All I can find is this -->
Granted, those tutorials are very good, but I don't see any on doing chrome text?

Thanks !!

thanks gatorlunatic,

as it happens, I already found that one after I done a search on google. I have to say, although I didn't know it wasn't updated in 2 years, I thought it was pretty good. It's the one I'm using right now and I'm pretty pleased with the result. The only thing is that some of the menu items have changed slightly, but I was still able to find them easily.

I've been playing around with differnt ways of producing a chrome effect and this is what I have come up with. It is very quick and easy to execute and produces a pretty reasonable effect.

1) Start with a 16m colour. Put some white text on a white background (large font sizes work best - make sure floating an antialias are selected).
2) Go to Selections|Modify|Feather- Set feather to 10. Then make the foreground colur red 255, green 0, blue 0 and the background colur red 0, green 0, blue 255.
3) Flood fill the selection using Linear Gradient with the direction set to 180 degrees.
4) Change the foreground colour to red128, green 128, blue 128 and the background colour to white. While the text is still selected choose Edit|Clear
5) Go to Effects| 3d Effects|Cutout with the following settings
Fill wih interior colour - yes, Interior colour set to foreground, shadow colour set to background, opacity 255, blur 0, offset horizontal 4 vertical 4
6) Go to Selections|Select None. Then change the foreground colour to white.
7) Effects|Artistic Effects|HotWax Coating then Effects|Sharpen More then Effects|Sharpen

Regards
IAn It's not a lie if you believe it!

| |

ne4x4, thanks for al that. You've obviously realy been working hard on this, and I really do appreciate that. I had't forgotten about the thread, I was off sick for the past month, so I didn't really have any internet access, except for the odd occassion here and there. Anyway, I'll have a go at your suggestion.

thanks again
Regards
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back