Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chosing what account to send mails from 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevehewitt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hi Guys,

We are planning on introducting a new mailbox per team we have in our call centre, as well as per user. However, we would like it so that the user can chose if the email is sent 'From' the team mailbox or their personal mailbox.
We're using Outlook 2003 and I can't see how I can get this setup.

Thanks,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Open a new email. Click on "Options". Click on "From". This will add an option to the header, to select who want this email to be sent from.

=====================================
The good ole days weren't always good
and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems
=====================================

You will also need to change the permissions on the mailboxes to give users "send as" rights.

Spot on guys, thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Now I have a question..

I am using exchange 2003 with outlook 2000. The single AD user has multiple email addresses. How can he select which ones he can send out from?

I have looked everywhere and didn't find the answer. I hope there is, b/c he is ready to go back to the ouside email hosting company using POP3. Which in this situation would be bad.

Thanks,

John

He can not select which one to send out from, it will use the default email address. The only way to send out from a different address would be to create a different username and put the other email address with that user and then do what they said in the above posts.

---------------------------------------

yeah that's what I figured.. Ok I am going to have to setup another AD user and move the emails to that account.

They will have to live with this until Exchange 2034 comes out lol

Thanks,

John

he is set in his ways, so now he wants to go back to the old system.

I am going to set his account up as a pop3 and see if that works with all the email address and username and passwords. Keep on server forever so he can access his emails via web outlook.

I will have to tweak it out so it works for him

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back