Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chose between linux assembly or win(32 bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

assemblyx

Programmer
Dec 11, 2007
MA
hello everybody, i am beginning learn assembly language but it's depends to platform , which one i choose (linux assembly or windows), and why ?

thank you .

Are you learning assembly because you have some particular job requirement?
- The answer is whichever system you're going to end up using.

Or is this just for personal growth and development.
- The answer probably doesn't matter much in the long run.

--
If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.

i am going to develope for embedded system mobile i am using java mobile (J2ME) , and i should know which one adapt for me

Well if you're using J2ME, then the answer would seem to be that you'll be programming in Java (or that subset specified for mobile applications).

If (and I stress IF) you ever need to get down to the assembler level to get something extra special accomplished, the first port of call would be to try it in C first.

Finally of course, you need to know that no mobile phones use x86 processors. So learning assembler which is compatible with your average desktop machine (whether it be windows or Linux) will not do you a lot of good.

--
If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back