Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choppy MOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdm1964

Technical User
Jul 1, 2009
US
I recently installed a new CICS with 7.0 software and one CLID card. It is connected to an Intellitouch On hold Plus 60000. When a call is placed on hold the recording can be heard but it cuts out and has missing parts. I thought at first it was my cell phone but when I tried it from a land line I got the same "choppy" audio. It will sound good for about 5 seconds then about 1 to 2 seconds of silence, then the message picks up after the missing time. Sort of like a bad VoIP line.

I tested the input from the MOH port on the 66 block and it sounds perfect.

I then rebooted the system, reseated the 25 pair Amp cables and reseated the software PCMCIA card. The audio on hold was still cutting in and out.

I then tested it with Feature 86, background music, and it sounded perfect. It is only the MOH that sounds bad.

My question is, would it be the CICS KSU, or could it be the CLID trunk card? I did not reseat the trunk card. I did not think of that until after I left the business. The calls on the system sound just fine and the Caller ID is working on all the lines.

I have not had this problem with a CICS before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am guessing issue with the CICS mobo.
Swap it out and test is the easiest route.

Line cards shouldn't have an impact on this problem.

Make sure your using 600ohms

Try a radio and see if same problem.

Out of ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back