Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choosing font or fill colour in Lotus 123V5 in Windows 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchpeter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
FR
thread69-1534373

I got help on this problem in the above thread for Windows XP which was brilliant. However, I have moved a bit nearer to up-to-date and have Windows 7 and the same problem. When I try to change colours I just get a black screen. I would be grateful for any suggestions/solutions

Reply to FrenchPeter re: color palette:

I had the same problem, and just found the solution (again). I am using Lotus 1-2-3 version 5 (and love it) and just switched from Windows XP to Windows 7, 32 Bit. (BTW, I found that it MUST be 32 bit, not 64, for version 5.)

An earlier posting said to make a revision to color capability in Windows, to reduce something to do with color. In Windows 7 I went to Control Panel, System, Advanced system settings, System Properties, Performance, Settings. I changed the option from "Let Windows choose what's best . ." to "Adjust for best performance". That worked for me. The change removed a lot of different things that Windows was choosing to do for me, and I don't know which of those were the culprit. You could experiment, or just do what I did.

Best of luck.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Brilliant, thank you. As you found, it has also got rid of some annoying aspects of Microsoft's ideas about how my computer should run. When I get a chance, I will play around with the 'windows decide' range of settings and try to tie down exactly which one solves the Lotus 5 (it is the best, isn't it?) and what the others give me that I want and don't want.

Thanks again

Peter

[bigsmile]

It is interesting to be using 20 year old software.

Whenever I move to new hardware, I have to re-load 1-2-3 version 5 (from CD or flash drive now), and do the Y2K patch, and the long-year display tweak.

I have 2 versions of Excel available, and also version 9 of Lotus. But 1-2-3 version 5 is the one that does the job for me.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back