Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

chmod help

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallon

MIS
Dec 27, 2002
US
Hello all. I am new to PHP and based on this question, VERY new. I am trying to set up a download manager, and in the instructions it states that I need to change permissions of certain directories to 0777. Well my question is how and where to make this change? I am running Apache and PHP on top of Windows XP for my testing server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

If you're using a FTP program such as CuteFTP, this can be done very easily by (usually) right-clicking on the folder and changing permissions.

Otherwise, you could write a short php script:

Code:
<?php

$the_dir = '/path/to/dir';
$result = chmod($the_dir, 0777);

if ($result)
    echo 'it was a success';
else
    echo 'it was a miserable failure';

?>

Hope this helps.

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
When will I be able to see what other members can see about myself? It's been like, a freakin' month already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back