Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chinese codepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogler

Programmer
Jun 11, 2003
DK
Hi there

Currently I'm working on extracting some customer data from SAP R3 to a flat file (csv), basically this is not a problem but, the issue is to extract the Chinese letters.
I'm using a BAPI to get the data and i log on to SAP with the language code for Chinese (ZH), what I get back is the is data from the correct field (the Chinese one) but from the English codepage, that means that i get some rubbish back instead of Chinese letters.

Is there anyone who have some experience with this kind of problems, or does anyone know where the translation between Mercator and SAP happens, is it Mercator or SAP who is translating it.

Best regards

Holger

What version? Currently Chinese is not supported as data in any version, there is a Japanese version. However if you used UTF-8 as the data type, it would be up to the OS settings to view the output data. You will need to be on the latest version: 8.0

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Hi

Oh, yes sorry, our current version is TX datastage 7.5 and use the UTF-8 format. And it seems that we get the data form the correct filed in the table, but it is not translated with the Chinese codepage but it returns with a translation with the English codepage.
If i log on to sap with the English codepage i get the same result as my output file (ÒѲÉÈ¡¶àÖÖ´ëÊ©Ìá¸ß) but if I log on with a Chinese codepage i get the Chinese letters in SAP (?????????) but i cant get the Chienese letters out of SAP. So that tells me that I get the correct field, but with the wrong codepage, even if i log on to SAP with the Chinese language ("BAPI","-h artemis -s 91 -u user -p password -c 100 -l zh").

Beste regards

Holger

What code page is the OS where DS TX is running using? If you turn on input backup, and look at the file, what do you see. This file would contain raw data from the adapter.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back