Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cherry G81-8000 keyboard with MSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldwiseone

Programmer
Sep 28, 2002
GB
Hi

Does anyone know how to enable the mag reader on a Cherry G81-8000 keyboard using vb code.
I can do it in the config set up but not in vb code.

I would like to disable the mag reader until my prog requires it, then enable it on specific forms, then be able to disable it on others.
any ideas?
thanks
mick.

No I can't help you there, but I do have a question. How do your remove the leading B and ending R from the MR using just the configuration software from the keyboard.

Hi GloryHound.

I presume what you mean is how do I get rid of the Header and terminator symbols form the data string.

If you have the cherry software then it’s quite simple,
Just select the magnetic card reader screen.
Select the track or tracks that you are using.
Then clear the “Header enabled” check box.
And clear the “Terminator enabled” checkbox.

You must then select “Download” from the Keyboard menu and then press the start button on the Download configuration to keyboard window.

And that it.

Hope this helps

Mick.

Yes I knew how to do that already, how ever even with these disabled I still get a B at the beginning and an R at the end, when I disable track 1 these go away, but the remaining string which is the CC# and the expiry followed by a numerical sequence which I could only surmise must be the card holder name in code. The only problem I had with this was that the program I was collecting the information with did not recognize the field separators, oh well gonna toss the kboard, I think it's a compatability with the software. Thanks for the help Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back