Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cheques missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffarah

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
CA
I have run into a situation where Accpac ERP shows AP batch being posted, Payment Batch posted and cheqes issued. Vendor transactions show the cheque Number and association with the respective vendor Invoice. But some how the GL account transactions does not show the cheques being recorded. The cheques were physically created as the bank showed them on their statement. There are 6 cheques missing from the GL bank account and they make up one entire Payment batch. Any ideas how this could have happened?
Appreciate your help
frank

Some possibilities:
1. The GL transactions were not created for the AP check batch
2. The batch was deleted from the GL
3. There was an error batch in the GL
4. The entries are in a different period in the GL

Hi Ettienne
I am sure it is not #4 on your list. How can I find if its one of the first three you mention?
thanks
frank

Look at APPJH.GLBATCH and APPJH.GLENTRY, these 2 fields give you the GL batch and entry the AP payment transaction was written to. If the numbers are zero's then it means the transactions have not been written to the GL.

Hi ettienne. Thanks lots. Using the APPJH.GLBATCH and APPJH.GLENTRY tables, we were able to associate the GL batch and see that it had been deleted
frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back