Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cheers.We ve been using DPNSS signa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCris

Technical User
Jun 14, 2012
Cheers.We ve been using DPNSS signaling on an ISDX so we now want to use QSIG but if we program the Dli card for qsig an error 81u appears.thanx in advance

SirCris,

You do not say what DX/software level and the type of cards you are using.

Also you do not say what you are trying to connect to, if it is another DX DPNSS is better because there is more signalling information, with Q931/Qsig you will lose a lot of facilities.

Mal.

Happymal
its an ISDX software version 6.1.We are trying to connect it to a Matrix pax which dont support DPNSS but Qsig only.

SirCris,

You did say that the switch is a 6.1 DX, in this I presume you mean the older box.

First you need to check LFT table (List Feature Table and see if qsig is activated.

Type 81 alarms are generate when the DX does not see the far end Layer 2 signalling.

Also not all DLI card support qsig even though is says they can in the book, to enable Qsig you need at least a 1HAC 50052 with an Digital back plane and ISDN cabling, if you have done all this you need to check LQ9I / LQ9P/ LQAP .

LQ9I is the type of signalling, for Qsig it is type 2.
In LQ9P the critical one is CRC4,
LQAP check PCSN this determine if it is a switched private network.

I hope this helps,

Mal.

SirCris,

One more point, You can use a IQ2000 Westell convertor to convert DPNSS to Qsig, this is nomally is used DX - Westell - Cisco routers, which provides a IP solution but with all the Dial piers ( Dial codes) been in the router. These are also used to connect a DX with Cisco Call Manager.

Mal.

Thank u so much we would rather opt for this Westell Converter because we have tried what u said above .Again thank u so much.I also need to check its flexibility.

SirCris,

Here is a link on configuring a westell to Cisco, I have foud them nearly all the same to any small
Data/Voice box.

Here is one on Ebay,

In the notes is says no cables, but the unit is conected to the DX via normal 75ohm coax, any to (what every) by cat5, this is controled by a switch on the back of the unit.

You will need to down load the conection software, all the instructions are on the Internet for soft settings.

Mal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back