Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checksum Test Please Wait 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHANDL

Technical User
Dec 11, 2012
US
Hello all, I am new to the Avaya CM my only real experience is performing basic administration on the switch such as name changes and assigning new numbers. Our Avaya switch recently overheated due to the A/C system going down in our building. The AC has been fixed and the room is now cooled but there is still an issue with the switch. It is powered on and running but none of the phones have dial tone and the message "Checksum Test Please Wait" keeps showing up on the phones and switching between that and the normal screen that shows the extensions. Also I am not able to access the switch through the terminal that is connected via ethernet. I was just checking to see if anyone had experience with this before and knew of a fix for it.

Thank you

Bring in a qualified technician immediately

Yes a card on the gateway has a red alarm, I believe it is the system card.

I'd call a pro ASAP, especially without more basic details - software load, hardware (and the models, and the LEDs being shown).

Sounds like the digital phones are getting power but otherwise stuck.

Is it possible the switch went bad? The consle, gateway, server, and modem are all connected through a Netgear 8 port switch. Also the pri loop running from my main Nortel switch is not seeing the distant end which would be the Avaya switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back