Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checksum error????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacarte

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
US
We are running Squirrel 3.2
Does anyone know what a checksum error in system configuration is? It prevents me from starting up the system. I get a message saying there are open checks in the system, but I don't know how to clear them out. (Choosing "Delete open checks" returns me to the "checksum error" message.) Any advice?
Also, we were closed for three weeks, and that seems to have messed up the labor module. I updated labor R for regular period, then Y for payroll period, then R for regular period again. That should bring me up to date. But when I try to update labor in Housekeeping, I get a message that says "incorrect or missing transaction files."

If you are getting the message "Open checks in system" when you are starting up it is being caused because the shutdown from the night before was not a "normal" shutdown.

With a Normal Shutdown -- the system is checked for open checks and will not let you shutdown if you have any. If you perform a "Safe Host Exit" or "Abnormal Termination" instead of a "Normal Shutdown" then the system will not look for open checks -- hence the message the next morning when you start -- It does not mean that you HAVE open checks, it actually means that the shutdown the previous night didn't LOOK for any open checks.

Start doing a normal shutdown -- if you indeed have an open check in the system that is inaccessible, then do a "Safe Host Exit" instead of a Normal Shutdown -- the next morning when you are asked about "open checks in system" when starting POS, press "D" to delete it/them.

In regards to your labour -- if you are missing the transaction files then the labour module is most likely still in the wrong period -- I would suggest you backup what you have in Houskeeping (L for labour) and then restore the labour backup that you have for the last week that you were open & run your end of period in Productivity (P), then another EOP for Payroll (Y), then you would most likely need to run another EOP for Productivity (P).

One thing to note about this -- is that I vaguely remember not being able to do an EOP in labour without sales (transactional information) being updated into it -- so I remember entering $1.00 for sales within the Labour module for the specific days that we were closed -- Update Labour>Enter Sales>Enter the Transaction Date>Press F1 for sales, enter in 1, ESC ESC....

Give that a try -- but remember to back it up before you start messing with it...so at least you can restore it back to all it's glory if you make a bigger mess ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back