Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checks printing to wrong printer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer56

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
We have Dynamics SQL and recently installed a new printer on the network as the default printer. When printing checks last night, the checks went to the old printer even though the new printer was selected(we checked!). The report that was printed after went to the new printer. Any ideas on why?

Do you have your checks setup to go to a named printer?

I am not sure as I am not usually involved in Dynamics. How would I check that?

Goto Setup -> System -> Named Printers. You also might want to look up "Named Printers" in the online help under Help -> Index, type in Named Printers as the keyword and read the overview.

If using Named Printers, you can create a Printer ID for the Cheque printer and include any other settings required by selecting properties when choose the printer.

For example, a single printer with multiple trays can be setup with 2 Printer IDs of Company class, one for tray 1 with cheques for Company A and one for tray 2 for Company B. Then depending on the company you are logged in as, the different Printer IDs are used and so the trays are selected automatically.

David Musgrave
Original Developer of Named Printers
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back