Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checks out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpanhead

Technical User
Aug 22, 2011
US
I was getting ready to print a check from Accounts Payable and the check it was asking for in the system did not match the next check in sequence. I discovered that a co-worker had used checks ending in 67 and 68, but they posted as 60 and 61, two checks I had already run and posted (and matched my check register). Apparently, she had finished a payroll, then I began one after she updated the Payroll Check Registry. She discovered that she needed to void two checks and re-do them. I think she assumed that the next two checks should have been 60 and 61 (but I had already run a payroll and posted my checks) and she overrode the next check to match what she thought it should be. How do I correct this in the system so as to get the incorrect posted checks with the correct check numbers in the system?

Thank you so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back