Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint secure remote 4.1sp5 + strong issues with Microsoft XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnerbeach

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
GB
Has anyone installed secure remote on microsoft XP and had issues communicating with their configured site.
I have successfully installed secure remote with XP and can create a site and have that site communicating with the firewall for updates. This information is then successfull in the users.c file on my PC
However when i try and run a citrix or ssh session to a server behind the firewall I am not getting a password prompt from the secure remote app.

I have tried just about everything

Any ideas????

Hi,I use exactly the same setup myself,SecuRemote sp5 4199 3DES on Windows XP Professional.Communicating to a Windows 2000 terminal server works perfectly.Have you tried e.g. to ping the server on its internal address first to get the SecuRemote login prompt? If you've tried this,another question:did it work before with a different version of OS (Win2k?) and/or SecuRemote and with the same firewall configuration? Are you sure about the definition of the encryption domain?

Hi many thanks for you response.
I also have 2000 terminal server set up. I havent tried pinging the internal address however when I run the citrix client it automatically looks for the master ICA browser but will give this a go.
However it did and still does work with win2k perfectly with the same version of secure remote and with the same firewall configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back