Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint R55 on Windows 2003 server Smart Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifconf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2004
GB
I have installed R55 on a Windows 2003 server which is connected to a Cisco 837 ADSL router. I have no ACL’s or NAT on the Cisco router so all traffic is passed straight through. I have setup the IP address of the firewall on my main site as a GUI client and added the same IP address in the policy which allows any service to the firewall on the 2003 server. I also have a web server behind the firewall on the 2003 server and a rule which allows TCP port 80 to its NATted IP.

I can ping the router, I can ping the Checkpoint firewall and I can ping the web servers public IP address from my main network, all respond. This tells me that all the routing is in order.

I cannot connect to the firewall using SmartDashboard, and I cannot connect to the webserver over www.

If I look at the SmartView Tracker I can see the being accepted by the firewall. I cannot see the CPMI connection attempts but I have noticed that it does not log them even for GUI clients on the LAN even though I have logging enabled for that rule. As an experiment I tried to connect my SmartDashboard to the IP address of the web server just to see what traffic would be generated, Tracker actually shows the attempt, which is dropped by the firewall.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.

We had this problem when adding a new a computer and user to the administrators group. Double check that the server node is in all the same groups/networks as your existing administration computer or computers. Also make sure if you're using a new user id that you login the first time on the actual original management console box first, it doesnt seem to work until you do that at least once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back