Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint FW-1 FP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedals

MIS
Jan 7, 2002
GB
Can any one help!

I have a problem on my firewall, where a service allows for example SMTP mail through but fails cause it is blocking on the return source port. However other SMTP connections from different servers work fine. I have also experienced this with RDP connections.

Thanks

D

Checkpoint Firewall-1 is a stateful firewall and so providing that there is a legitimate connection entry for that SMTP connection then the reply traffic will be allowed through.

If you scroll along the line in the logs that shows a dropped connection you might see the reason for the drop. Eg. out of state connection, first packet was not a syn packet etc..

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

Cheers for you response Chris,

However when I check the logs there is no information.

The latest problem I have experienced is with RDP, the rule allows connections on port 3389 however when I create an RDP connection the firewall blocks communication back on the source port.

D

I have never seen this behavior on Firewall-1 and so I suspect that there is another reason. However, you really should be thinking about upgrading from FP2 to NG AI.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back