Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkpoint Firewall - weird issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1971

Technical User
Mar 4, 2004
CA
Hello,

Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm running NGAI R54 in a cluster on Nokia IP530 with VRRP. Currently having a problem with one particular user. He is unable to access our webpages even though I'm seeing traffic passing through the firewall.

He is able to trace route to the websites and nslookup resolves normally. Proxy arps on both Nokia boxes are correct as well the internet router.

However, when I placed another device outside of the firewall he has no problem connecting to it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Found the problem, It seem that the switch we use in our DMZ has a arp table which doesn't clear out aged mac/IP addresses. So what was happening was this table would fill and when the server would attempt to find who is x.x.x.x IP address there wouldn't be a reply since the switch didn't have it in it's arp table. To correct it I had to set an aging timer on the table from 0 to 5minutes. Since then we haven't had any issues.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back