Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checklist Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewizz

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2003
CA
hi
got a big question...
i what to do a checklist to see is pc A has part C (type of hardware ex.CPU,MTB,Ram...)
but A only has the number of B witch is the the C type

A points to B who is pointing to C
when form opens in need to see a series of checks (& nochecks)for each required C type of items in the PC A
each tables are related to by keys (ie NoItem,NoPC,NoType)
in theire respective tables... Also note i will Filter the form by NoPC ....

how do i do that ?
i was thiking of a special query has source...

Could you provide us with your table structure(s) and some sample data. I think you need a RIGHT or LEFT JOIN but it is difficult to tell without the full information.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

iv got 4 tables :
tbl_PC:
NoPc(auto_num & key)
SOmeinfo...
tbl_Items:
NoItem(auto_num & Key)
NoPc(num)
NoProduct(num)
Price(something...)
etc...
tbl_Products:
NoProduct(autoNum & key)
NoType(num)
Desc.(text)
etc...
tbl_Types:
NoType(autoNum & Key)
Type(text)

table PC is user on the "master" Report
& i have a sub report for the remaining
so i can filter for each PC's (i could also do it on the same form with proper qwery)

so For Each item i need a record witch has for each items aType or NoType ) to set the proper checkbox (hence checklist)

if in a pc i have a CPU then the CPU checkbox has to be checked so that i know im missing parts (but there is no mandatory parts so i dont whant to test on insert into the items table)

tbl_items serves as a repository for that single item in the inventory (tbl_Products) witch uses Type table to determin its type ex: CPU,MTB,MEMORY,ACCESORY etc...
each items has a NoPC so it can be filtered with a WHERE & be linked into a single PC (witch contains many items)

relations are all set ...
tbl_PC---1--8---tbl_items (via NoPC)
tbl_Items--8--1--tbl_Products (via NoProduct)
tbl_Products--8--1--tbl_Types (via NoType)

so thanks for replying ...

Eric P.

I can see your tables but I would like to understand what you want for your report output. Some sample data and sample output would be worth pages of description.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back