Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checklinks Error Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBurcie

Technical User
Sep 10, 2004
US
My company has been running Checklinks on a monthly basis for some time now, but until recently, the error logs were largely ignored. We are now digging into them to figure out why some companies (we run 30+ separate 'companies' for different divisions and worldwide locations) are generating humungous error logs and some are contantly running without error.

I've tried searching MS for some explanation of what the error messages mean, and if there is some action that needs to be taken to correct, but there is absolutely 0 info on what anything means. Is there any sites or documantation floating around that can help us decode these sometimes cryptic logs?

You can search Techknowledge/Knowledge or post here some specific errors.

This is one error that we have had show up fon 50+ items for months now that looks like it should have resolved itself, but reappears every month on the exact same items. It also is appearing on the exact same items in 7 companies under one group which are updated from a single parent company, but the parent company is not getting the error.

The check links process found that a record for Supervisor Code "XXXXX" was missing from the Payroll Setup Supervisor Table.

The check links process recreated the missing record, identifiable by the text "Checklinks Add" in the Supervisor field.

I realize it should be something stupid, but documentation is absolutely non-existant as far as I've seen.

That's basically saying that you used a supervisor code on an employee but the supervisor didn't exist already.

I'm not that familar with HR but I think this is an Employee that is setup as a supervisor.

Are you importing informationn in or DTS data from tables in one company to another company or something? I didn't quite follow what you were saying. What do you mean by updated from the parent company?

However, if you are doing that it makes sense why you get the errors in the other companies but not in the parent company. You could be missing a table or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back