Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking user's activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

imike964

Technical User
Mar 13, 2014
GB
Hi again,

I have a question...

Is there a way to check if users are stamping their leads, ie; they are using the macros (which I made) to show what the outcome of the call was?

Thanks in advance

I think that you'll have to be clearer as to exactly what you mean by "...are stamping their leads.

Are the Activities Scheduled, and then they must Complete them?

Do the just Complete an Activity willy nilly?

It is always better if the Schedule & Complete their Activities. You then have the ability to look at the Calendars to see if they are Completing their Activities.

You could look at completed activity using a SQL Query in GoldMine with a variant of this:

select AccountNo,
UserID,
[Bob] =
sum(case UserID
when 'BOB' then 1
when 'DJ' then 0
when 'JAMES' then 0
end),
[James] =
sum(case UserID
when 'BOB' then 0
when 'DJ' then 0
when 'JAMES' then 1
end),
[DJ] =
sum(case UserID
when 'BOB' then 0
when 'DJ' then 1
when 'JAMES' then 0 end)
from ContHist
where UserID in ('BOB','DJ','JAMES')
and OnDate >= '1/1/2011'
and OnDate <= '12/31/2011'
and (ActvCode = 'C1N'
or ActvCode = 'C1*')
group by UserID,
AccountNo

...and Yes, I wrote the book.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

They are unscheduled calls, and the result of the call is selected from the result drop down list...

These are for example, Answer machine or No Answer etc. These also come up in the history tab to show what people have done with each contact.

Let me provide a quick run through of our current process;

User calls a contact - talks on phone - they then go to, complete-unscheduled call- and choose a result. (This is done through the macros)

Thanks for the reply

Thanks, Michael

(I'll have a look at the method you mentioned now)

If you are not using the proper process of Scheduling and then Completing activities then I'm at a lose as to how you plan to double check that you staff is following procedures. They could be completing a Call and forgetting to do the Macro. They may not be completing the Call at all and telling you that they had.

You need a trackable process.

DJ Hunt

I must of posted in the wrong thread, I found the solution using the method you posted above.

Or at least doing a SQL query, allowed me to search for records that had been modified in the last 90 days.

Thanks for that.

If that is good enough for you then great, however, LastModified changes whenever a Contact1/Contact2 field is changed. You might be better off looking at Contact2.CallBackOn and Contact2.LastContOn.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back