Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking update changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmcbride1126

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
I am reading data from one table and updating another. When the updating is completed I need to check something to see if anything was actually updated. Please tell me how can I do this. This is a stand along module not a form.

Thanks

Compare each record and see if the match. If the don't match then you want to update the data creat a flag and set to Y if anything was updated. You can also set a counter and see how many records were update in the same if statement.

use the ubiquitous {F1} with the key word "RecordsAffected". Please use the installed capabilities of the applications before asking questions in these fora.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Michael, I am sorry I should have specified that what I am using is Access and not VB to do this. Because I am not sure if this works in Access.

Do you also know how to check for when a record was successfully updated in Access also.

VB ~ VBA ~ Ms. Access. Although the reference may appear only in the code pane, it is applicable.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back