Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking the license for the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieterkza

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
GB
Good morning!

I have user who is working on a laptop with XP Profesional installed. Since Friday afternoon, he is receiving the following error:

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code 0x80090019

Cannot log in to the PC, as soon as this error is displayed, it takes you back to the logon screen. Safe Mode and Last Known Good... does not work either.

I am not sure what this guy did, I think he tried to install some or other application on the PC. Any idea, other than reloading the OS?

Thanks

[pc3]

Sounds like your user has been playing in the registry. You could probably save yourself alot of time by just reloading his machine after you let it sit in your office for about a week.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Greg

Thanks for the info! I will give it a go and let you know of outcome [hourglass]

Cheers!

Thanks to everyone for their input! Unfortunately, none of the suggestions helped. As a after-thought, I took another PC with XP, and loaded the same Visio software on it. Yep, it did exactly the same thing, so obviously this visio software and WinXP does not get along that well.

Anyway, I will now reload both PC's

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back